Project Management (PM)
1. Provide input and support development of the project strategy.
2. Work closely with BD and implement/manage communication with external stakeholders at customer side and internal stakeholders (R&D, CMC, Financial, Supply Chain, etc) to proceed order taking and delivery products to customer smoothly.
3. Manage internal negotiation/communication and make alignment with different departments. Responsible for leading cross-functional project teams to ensure that project deliverables are achieved in time and issues and risks are identified and managed.
4. Effectively manages internal and external project stakeholders while working within a matrixed environment.
5. Prepares routine project status updates via formal and informal channels (monthly reports, project review reports, ad hoc reports).
6. Assists the business planning process including estimating, tracking and managing key project activities to support BD functions in planning and prioritization of BD activities.
7. Accountable for the preparation and maintenance of all project documentation and administration.
8. Where relevant, supports collaboration activities with external partners in the preparation and management of legal agreements and integration of services, technologies and capabilities to ensure delivery of project.
9. Participates in the learning and development of junior Project Management staff and provide mentoring and coaching.
Alliance Management (AM)
1. Serves as a point of contact for current and future strategic partnerships with global partners and ensure that the Alliances strategic goals are achieved and that agreed Alliance-related activities are moving forward as scheduled, in coordination with the internal different teams.
2. Develop a global alliance growth plan to drive revenue growth. Identify and capitalize on external strategic opportunities to achieve the short and long-term business goals.
3. Establish new collaborations and gain broader access to our current partner's resources in collaboration and alignment with the Global BD teams.
4. Scout, identify, evaluate and develop new partner network globally. Manage vendor certification process for certain vendors.
5. Train the partners concerning Yaohai’s capacity and capability. Share with the partners the up-to-date marketing materials in a timely manner. Maintain an accurate understanding of Yaohai’s global BD and service direction.
6. Supervise regular performance of business reviews. Manage company intellectual portfolio and maintain relationships with partners. Monitor and track joint business development activities to determine value of each partnership and appropriately allocate sales and technical resources.
7. Manage the strategic business relationship to ensure sales readiness for the business. Assisting global partners in defining business opportunities and establishing collaboration.
8. Revise and manage sales lead generation system resulting in higher lead volume and quality, and ultimately to improve business productivity.
9. Proactively engage in strategic planning/development and risk assessment in the process of annual action plan and global roadmap and propose revision or additions of these plans from R&D and business development perspectives.
10. Keep the BD and partners informed of the target company’s current business portfolio and R&D strategy for developing effective proposals/strategies.
11. Liaise with global partners and internal stakeholders for clarity and understanding to ensure robust management of the partnerships and provide clarity and problem solving to maintain a fluid and transparent relationship with partners.
The Successful Applicant
1. University degree in life science background, preferably in medical, pharmaceutical or biological sciences.
2. An advanced degree (MSc, PhD) or equivalent in a discipline relevant to Science or Engineering or Drug Research and development (e.g. Biology, Pharmacokinetics, Toxicology, Formulation, etc.), PMP certification, Masters of Business Administration (MBA) is preferred.
3. Fluent English is a must and Functional Chinese is plus. Strong communication skills to manage internal and external stakeholders.
4. Over 2 years of PM, AM, BD/Sales, Marketing or R&D experiences in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry (Pharma, Biotech, CRO, and CDMO organization or where relevant a biomedical research organization). Proven track record preferably in business development, project management and alliance management. Good knowledge of the Business Development and Alliance Management processes and best practices, from opportunity sourcing to managing strategic partners.
5. In-depth knowledge in drug research, development and manufacturing processes of pharmaceuticals (CMC, non-clinical, clinical, and regulatory) is preferred.
6. Broad experience as a project manager leading cross-functional project teams in a matrixed, global environment, including those with complex technical, geographic, and/or regulatory elements.
7. Demonstrated experience in leading cross-functional teams and delivering projects to meet business objectives on time, within budget and with quality.
8. Proficient in the use of Project Management processes and tools is a clear Plus.
9. Has experience of drafting/issuing Meeting Summary as an official record of meeting for internal and external stakeholders. Experience of writing Meeting Summary in English is a clear Plus.
10. Has strong passion and intensity to manage projects under tough situation and deliver solid results.
Preferable Personal Traits
1. Entrepreneur with strong ability to use initiative, prioritize, multi-task, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
2. Well organized and structured, open and outspoken with demonstrated ability to build trustful relationships. Very strong ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders.
3. Excellent strategic thinking, with strong leadership
4. Demonstrated negotiation and advocacy skills
5. Very clear and systematic thinking that demonstrates strong judgment and problem-solving competencies
6. Excellent ability to lead strategic programs complemented by very good analytical skills
7. Demonstrated ability to lead project delivery
8. Very strong communication skills in multicultural, multi-lingual environments
9. Very strong ability to work effectively as part of a multicultural team
10. Very strong ability to exercise high degree of independence to support program delivery and explore new areas of activities